- This event has passed.
Spirograph string art picture
July 23, 2017 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm$45 - $50
Take a trip back to the seventies and relax while stringing a picture using a spirograph pattern with different colours. Each participant will choose a base board and have the option to keep it in a natural wood finish or apply a piece of coloured card. We will be using a template for nail placement from which you will hammer in your nails. From there we start stringing and then finish off with an optional glass stone centre-piece. Once everyone is finished, we will string the back of the picture ready for hanging.
What You Will Learn
- How to set out your nails on a base board
- Learn a basic spirograph pattern with string
- How to finish off your picture ready for hanging
What You Get
- Take home your own hand-made string art picture
- The know-how to create your own string-art pictures
- We have a lounge area and coffee machine that non-participants are welcome to use
Group activities: We are happy to accommodate group bookings and work with you to create a special event for your group
Workshops: Our scheduled workshops are listed in our calendar of events. Please feel free to put forward your suggestions and ideas for workshops or if you are interested in using our facilities to run your own workshop.
Project ideas – List of suggestions for projects you may like to do at our centre:
- Wooden bowls
- Timber 3D pictures
- Jigsaw puzzles
- And the list goes on and on
- Cushion covers
- Picture frames
- Leather belts, wallets, coasters, coolers