- This event has passed.
Knitting for beginners / refresher
August 9, 2017 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm$25
This introduction to knitting class is for beginners or those who wish to refresh a forgotten skill. You will learn basic knitting techniques to start you off so you can spend your winter nights in front of the TV with your knitting projects. For those interested in something different, this class will prepare you for our 'Knitted Bracelet" class where we knit with wire. All tools and materials will be provided for you.
What You Will Learn
- Learn or refresh basic knitting techniques
- How to cast on and bind off
- Common knitting terminology explained and demonstrated
What You Get
- All materials and tools are provided.
- A small knitted piece to take home with you
Group activities: We are happy to accommodate group bookings and work with you to create a special event for your group
Workshops: Our scheduled workshops are listed in our calendar of events. Please feel free to put forward your suggestions and ideas for workshops or if you are interested in using our facilities to run your own workshop.
Project ideas – List of suggestions for projects you may like to do at our centre:
- Wooden bowls
- Timber 3D pictures
- Jigsaw puzzles
- And the list goes on and on
- Cushion covers
- Picture frames
- Leather belts, wallets, coasters, coolers