- This event has passed.
Foam Armour Making
June 20, 2017 @ 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm$77
In this class you will get a hands on demonstration of armour making techniques that you will employ while making your own armour pieces during the workshop.
This class is supplementary to the Instructional/Beginners Guide to Foam Crafting workshops and either one of these must be completed before this workshop. This workshop is ideal for those who would like to get into costume making for cosplay.
What You Will Learn
- The different ways to construct and create foam armour pieces
- Create a unique foam armour design
- How to attach and transport armour
What You Get
- Tuition by an experienced foam crafter, all materials and tools required.
- We have a lounge area and coffee machine for non-participants to use.
- Take home the armour piece you created
Workshop presenter: Chantelle Norton
A Brisbane based self taught costume maker with 5 years of experience in both fabric and foam based costume making. She graduated from The University of Queensland with a Bachelor of Arts majoring in Film and Television Studies and Writing. (Full details of our workshop presenters can be found on the About Us page of our website).
Group activities: We are happy to accommodate group bookings and work with you to create a special event for your group
Workshops: Our scheduled workshops are listed in our calendar of events. Please feel free to put forward your suggestions and ideas for workshops or if you are interested in using our facilities to run your own workshop.
Project ideas – List of suggestions for projects you may like to do at our centre:
- Wooden bowls
- Timber 3D pictures
- Jigsaw puzzles
- And the list goes on and on
- Cushion covers
- Picture frames
- Leather belts, wallets, coasters, coolers