- This event has passed.
Decorative mosaic Sundial
September 26 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm$70
This class will provide you with an understanding of how sundials work and focus on creating a decorative mosaic sundial for your garden. We will be using recycled tiles and platters as well as glass pebbles, adhesives, grout, a pre-cut timber gnomon and a southern hemisphere sundial template for the basis of the design. As the main focus is to produce a decorate garden feature rather than a time piece you will be encouraged to be creative in your design. All materials are provided for your sundial however if you have a colour preference and old tiles sitting around at home, you are welcome to bring them along.
What You Will Learn
- You will gain a basic understanding of how sundials work
- Learn how to construct a decorative mosaic sundial
- Use adhesives and grout for your mosaic masterpiece
What You Get
- Take home your own hand-made decorative sundial
- Leave with the know-how to create your own mosaic masterpieces
Group activities: We are happy to accommodate group bookings and work with you to create a special event for your group
Workshops: Our scheduled workshops are listed in our calendar of events. Please feel free to put forward your suggestions and ideas for workshops or if you are interested in using our facilities to run your own workshop.
Project ideas – List of suggestions for projects you may like to do at our centre:
- Wooden bowls
- Timber 3D pictures
- Jigsaw puzzles
- And the list goes on and on
- Cushion covers
- Picture frames
- Leather belts, wallets, coasters, coolers