- This event has passed.
Beginners Guide to Foam Crafting
June 5, 2017 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm$80
In this workshop you will learn all you need to know to get started with creating foam crafted pieces, like foam armour, props, etc. You will be guided through the process of making your own small/medium sized prop that you will be able to take home at the end of the workshop.
What You Will Learn
- Beginner to intermediate techniques for foam crafting
- How to take your design and make it into a 3D object
- Create your own foam project from scratch that you can take home
What You Get
- Tuition by an experienced foam crafter with all tools and materials required to demonstrate various techniques.
- We have a lounge area and coffee machine for non-participants to use.
- An overall, fun learning experience
Workshop presenter: Chantelle Norton
A Brisbane based self taught costume maker with 5 years of experience in both fabric and foam based costume making. She graduated from The University of Queensland with a Bachelor of Arts majoring in Film and Television Studies and Writing. (Full details of our workshop presenters can be found on the About Us page of our website).
Group activities: We are happy to accommodate group bookings and work with you to create a special event for your group
Workshops: Our scheduled workshops are listed in our calendar of events. Please feel free to put forward your suggestions and ideas for workshops or if you are interested in using our facilities to run your own workshop.
Project ideas – List of suggestions for projects you may like to do at our centre:
- Wooden bowls
- Timber 3D pictures
- Jigsaw puzzles
- And the list goes on and on
- Cushion covers
- Picture frames
- Leather belts, wallets, coasters, coolers